Tom Shortt, Chief Executive Officer & Director of Vroom, will sit down in the “fireside chat” to discuss the economy, growth initiatives and market expectations for 2024.
Senior executives from some of the nation’s largest auto financiers gather to discuss inflation, squeezed credit markets and how to prepare for the year ahead.
- Jayson Amandus, VP of Indirect Lending, BECU
- Andre Medeiros, VP of Operations, Nissan Motor Acceptance Company
- Chris Mitcham, SVP Corporate Development and Servicing for Others, Santander Consumer USA
During this session, we will share results of an exclusive survey on industry trends and forecasts, which senior executives will discuss and share their perspectives. Through this novel approach, attendees will gain a deeper understanding of what the market and C-suite executives think of the future of the industry.
- Anthony Capizzano, Head of Consumer Lending, Axos Bank
- Nathan Hecht, Founder & CEO, Rodo
- Bruce Newmark, Chief Advisor, Vroom
The awards, which have been presented annually since 2005, recognize achievements by companies and/or executives in the industry.
Auto Finance News and the Auto Finance Summit are pleased to solicit your nominations for the 2023 Auto Finance Excellence Awards, which celebrate achievements in the automotive lending and leasing industry. Click Here to submit your nominations.
Following the Auto Finance Excellence Awards, a key industry executive will sit down for a “fireside chat” to address management, leadership and professional development and milestones.
- Navigating the challenges in filling today’s talent pipeline
- Combining personnel and technology to meet goals and strategies
- Tapping into Gen Z, newer generation workforce
- Understanding roadblocks to EV underwriting
- Examining new financial structures to promote EV adoption
- Bringing together fintech, public and private capital for EV financing
- Amira Aly, Head of Sales North America, Lucid Motors
- Alex Liegl, Co-Founder & CEO, Tenet
- Sunil Paul, CEO & Co-Founder, SpringFree EV
- Investigating current spreads and volatile cost dynamics
- Understanding investor demand and diversification needs
- Assessing prime and subprime performance and issuance trends
- Elen Callahan, Head of Research, Structured Finance Association
- Priya Desai, ABS Investments, Metlife Investment Management
- Incorporating automatic decisions and alternative data to optimize underwriting
- Embracing a paperless loan process for faster funding and execution
- Iterating on your technology stack to increase precision and reduce risk
- Anne Alburo, National Credit Director, Chase Auto
- Mauricio Delgado, Chief Product & Strategy Officer, Tricolor Holdings
- Brian Hamilton, President, Origence Lending Services
Attendees break into small groups to discuss developments in specific areas of operations, as well as to network, on the following topics:
- Credit Unions & Small Lenders
- Bolstering Dealer Relations – Anthony Capizzano, Head of Consumer Lending, Axos Bank
Jim Drotman, Executive Vice President of Ford Pro FinSimple at Ford Motor Credit Company, will sit down to discuss the economy, growth initiatives, commercial vehicle finance, and how Ford views the EV financing opportunity.
- Examining elevated interest rates and consumer credit health
- Headwinds facing the auto finance market
- Forecasting the SAAR amid improved inventory
- Breaking down consumer credit performance
- Exploring access to capital amid rising costs
- Adjusting your credit box and tapping into AI to manage risk
- Mike Lavin, President, COO & CLO, Consumer Portfolio Services
- Michael Opdahl, Chief Operating Officer, Automotive Credit Corporation
- Ilja Troitschanski, Founder & President, Axis Auto Finance
The Women in Auto Finance Luncheon is an exclusive networking opportunity to support and cultivate female leadership in the industry. The luncheon will include a keynote from Betty Jotanovic, President of Chrysler Capital & Auto Relationships at Santander Consumer USA, who will share her experiences and expertise in navigating and thriving in auto lending and leasing. Participation in the luncheon is included in the registration for all delegates, although attendees must sign up for the luncheon during the registration process.
- Preparing for increased scrutiny on servicing, collection and repossession ops
- Understanding the implications of an uptick in FTC oversight on dealers
- Ancillary products: Still on everyone’s radar
- Natalia Cruz, Associate Attorney, Husch Blackwell
- Raymond Naples, Associate General Counsel & Compliance Officer, Veros Credit
- Leasing trends and their implications for vehicle values
- Forecasting used vehicle values in 2024 and beyond
- An update on incentive spending and inventories
- Jonathan Gregory, Senior Manager, Economic and Industry Insights, Cox Automotive
- Kristen Lanzavecchia, Director of Industry Solutions, JD Power
- Alex Yurchenko, SVP & Chief Data Scientist, Black Book
- Fraud Workshop
- Lending efficiency
By participating in this workshop, you will receive a certificate of completion.